View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 12:05 PM   #71
rowdy11

Re: Lola: My Moon Shot 70 SWB K10

Hey Wide Open, appreciate the note. I attached a pic of the original tank. I never could identify the original manufacturer of that plastic tank, no markings whatsoever and the original tank swap must have been done years ago. I swapped because I wanted something flatter along the bottom, and knew I wanted a cleaner in-tank pump system. The Boyds tank has an Aeromotive steath 340 in tank pump. And the Holley unit you see in the frame rail at the rear is a regulator/filter in one (12-875).

JJ thanks for the encouragement and heads up on the slip joint. You can see a more dedicated picture of both the front and rear...I do NOT want that problem. One thing I've thought about as I've considered this is my suspension right now is fully extended. All new leaf springs, shocks, and not much on the frame right now except the engine. Plus, up front my suspension is extra stiff (something I have to solve later) due to the steering stabilizer with the dana 44. So...will the drive shaft extend any further? Possibly. It won't be doing anything remotely close to the Rubicon or (in my case) Behind the Rocks in Moab. It may not even see dirt the way this build is going! What do you think based on your experience? Sorry about your experience by the way.

And TA, appreciate the quick note and welcome. It's good to see that people are getting something out of this. It's easy to get discouraged and I've been picked up by others I've met here and personally as well.

After way too long, time for an update. I've been out with a son's wedding this summer, a basement remodel, a condo remodel, and some unexpected changes at work. Pile all that together with the Covid we are all dealing with, and it's been a really crappy year. I'm glad to be getting back to business now that this other stuff is settling down.

So where are we? Still working on the doors and cab. It's been more work than expected and Maricio has been slowed down with covid related stuff too.

And...I'm back to trying to figure out if I can move away from the remote reservoir for my steering system. I don't love it. I uninstalled my pump to try a modified setup yesterday that included a pump with reservoir attached, and it didn't work. So I went back to the drawing board and installed the original remote system again. So much for clean hydroboost plumbing. At least the system will be robust turning these 35-inch tires. Do and undo.

I'm also trying to figure out how to hide my LS wiring harness. The L96 is awesome but has an ugly intake and wiring that drapes right over the top of the motor. Ugh. The plan was to break the main trunk apart and hide the wiring more effectively. So I got into the harness and it was a mess...and I had to put that back together because it's too intertwined to separate the main trunk. I'm using the original harness...worth a thousand bucks to get a new one that tucks more effectively around the engine? Probably not. That said, I think i can use a couple of pigtail extensions for the alternator and MAF in order to push the trunk from the top and side of the intake to the back and at least tuck it back there by the firewall. More do and undo.

So a bit of a waste but at least I'm back. And I did get a new Wilwood master cylinder and hydroboost unit I'm going to put together. Excited about the setup.

I also ordered all my interior over black Friday from TMI. It's going to be awesome once I get it all put together!
Attached Images

rowdy11 is offline   Reply With Quote