View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #8
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Bigass Farm Truck

Picked up the engine today. When I got to the yard I asked to look at the truck it was pulled from to get as much as I could for my swap. They said no problem. So I got the gas tank, fuel pump, the entire fuel line from tank to engine, wire harnesses, throttle cable, fuse block and the brackets and covers for that plus a few more I found. Got all the engine accessories and ECU, harness, etc.

The engine

Still looking for a tranny. I don't really have a preference. I think any of the over drive automatics would be fine. Not really planning to go big on HP but maybe a few add ons. The truck weighs about the same as a newer suburban. The problem around here is that 2wd trucks are rare. I can get 4x4 transmissions by the truck load but there is added cost to get it converted to a 2wd version.

I'm still reading other threads and have a bunch of links to follow for other info. Really want to try and keep it as simple as possible, keep costs down, keep frustration away and make it a driver again soon so it's mobile for going to the body shop etc.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote