View Single Post
Old 09-09-2019, 06:52 PM   #5
72K5CSTDarkOlive

Re: The never ending K5 Build LS Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmguy View Post
Why the change so soon after you "completed" your build? The truck seemed just right the way it was.
The engine I had originally was from West Coast Engines. It was poorly assembled and was basically junk. I then had a local engine builder build me a 427 SBC and at that same time, I converted to EFI using the Holley Sniper and added a new tank with a built-in fuel pump.

The 427 was a bad A** but we got a little in over our heads on the build and it ended up being way too much motor for the Blazer and most importantly for what I intended to use it for. It wasn't very street-friendly and the valve train was high maintenance, especially when using a solid roller setup.

Going the LS route I will have a reliable engine that makes good power and I can drive it long distance or as a daily if I want. I plan to control the engine and trans with the Holley Terminator Max X that was recently released a few months ago.

With the additional electronics (fuel pump, dual fans, seat warmers, e-Locker, ECU, Sound System, etc.) I needed to update my wiring. I was using original style harness from M&H Electric.

I also had a little accident in the garage. A cabinet fell from the wall and smacked right into my quarter panel, so back to the body shop it went. I'll refrain from posting a pic because it would make your stomach sick!

Since it's at the body shop now and with the engine out, I figured I could clean up the firewall. I originally wish I did this the first time around when it was painted and that was to have all the holes filled and a smooth firewall.

Build version 2.0: 72 K5
6.0 LQ9, 4L80e, NP205
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=793192