View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 02:07 AM   #1
Brocko

Smile 1966 Chevy C-10 New project-need help

Hey Guys,
I recently purchased a 1966 Chevrolet C10. I'm a college student and figured since I like trucks I should buy a classic and fix it up. Maybe make some money in the process if I can. I reviewed many through craigslist ebay etc and found the one I wanted. It was listed on Craigslist for $4,000 and was stated as running. It had a flat tire or two and no bed. I liked it because the body was pretty good and the guy was negotiable. I told him I'd buy it for $2,000 if it was running right and everything seemed right. Well It didnt run when I went there and the bed was completely missing no wood. The brakes also didnt work. We settled for $1400. I have it behind a friends house and everything is set up for shop. The frame was really rusty so a couple of wire wheels were purchased and the sanding began. I'm new at this and this is my first truck so I'm posting for help and advice. As well as enjoyment.

Some things I've done so far. got it running by changing the coil and filing the points. It doesn't idle yet not sure why but it runs. It's on cinder blocks for now since I need to get tires later on. Ive also been sanding the bed frame a bunch and applied a rusty paint spray can to the parts that have already been sanded.
I'm looking to fix the A//c i think its original.

Original motor as far as i know.
283 automatic.
I'm pretty sure mostly everything is original. but you guys can probably tell me otherwise. anyway heres some pics. these are when I bought it. I will post progress pictures right below.
Attached Images

Brocko is offline   Reply With Quote