View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #218
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: 1965 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRANGER View Post
wow...i barely remember were i set the tools down 5 mins after i use them lol
That is a HUGE problem for me. I'm terrified I'm going to get alzheimer's.

I did order a custom TMI interior for the car on Friday Going with a matching dark blue and white pony style interior with TMI's extra bolstered sport seats and headrests. Will also have matching dark blue and white door panels. Pony interiors were only originally the light blue and white combo.

I tried to fit my Taurus fan to the car last nigh. NO EFFIN WAY. "Too fat". There is only 3.75" of clearance from the radiator face to the nose of the water pump. After HOURS or internet searching, no OEM fan will fit the 17" radiator (mostly due to the less than 4" depth).

So I ordered a larger fan shroud, overflow, and going to try some water wetter to keep it cool this summer. If that fails again (like having to keep the A/C off in traffic, although with all the timing tweeks I made, I think I got it into check by the end of summer, but it was never much above 85-90* outside after that time) I will be cutting the damn core support, installing a 24" radiator and ford contour fans (pulls air like Taurus, but is much thinner and uses two fans instead of one.)
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote