View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #106
HO455
Post Whore

Re: CPP Rear Disc Brakes not bleeding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironangel View Post
What other mods would have to be done? The pic you posted is very close to how those calipers should be mounted. The twist in the brake line could be relieved and the excess cable hanging from the e-brake could be trimmed. That would clean up the look and allow the guy to properly bleed those calipers. You dont need the Motive Bleeder but if you already have it then by all means, complicate the procedure and use it. Dont let the e-brake cable dictate the caliper position! You may need to temporarily disconnect the e-brake cable so you can rotate everything without fighting the cable. Same goes for the brake line, the banjo fitting may need to rotate to relieve that twist thats in it. That type of e-brake is used on go carts and four wheelers and shouldn't even come into play until the hydraulic brakes are functional. Then route your e-brake cable in a least resistance fashion.
Not having seen the rest of the truck I was concerned about the actuator cable being long enough or able to make the 90 degree turn and still operate effectively. I should have stated that more clearly.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is online now   Reply With Quote