View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
76kcfdeng

"Like I need another hole in my head" 70 chevy short wide project

I needed another project and another truck like I need a hole in my head. Well I have it so here goes. This will not be a show truck, just a decent driver. It won't be a fast build i don't think, depends on funds and time. I have a good start, someone's project never finished.

The truck is a 70 sort of. The frame is a 70, the cab I am not sure except that it is a factory air GMC, the bed I have no clue and it has repair panels from another bed welded in. I have new inner and outer fenders, new frt bumper, new 72 grill surround and headlight bezels. I also have all the rubber to do the doors and windows, windshield and back window already done. The frame has been cleaned, painted, bushings done, power discs and power steering. Motor and trans rebuilt, new carter AFB. The interior is complete with factory radio, vents and knobs, door panels and handles. The seat is a 60/40 from another truck.

I plan for a 4/6 drop from ECE, steelies of some sort, factory air, relocate gas tank, frt 3/4 ton sway bar, rear camaro sway bar, maybe semi flat black with white roof, maybe gloss black, maybe all white.

Today was spent building a rolling rack for the bed and vacuuming out dirt from the cab and doors. Also had to remove the tailgate which was a challenge. The PO installed a rollpan with the tailgate on, that blocked access to the lower hinge bolts. A little hammering on a long rod to make room to access the bolt from the bottom, long extension and a swivel got it out. I also did a little tweaking on the frame, the rear sections did not sit level. The passenger rail was an 1 1/2 low at the back, almost level now. I may do a pipe notch and fix it completely then.

Comments, guidance and ideas welcome

06 Lancer Evolution MR SE, stupid fast!
03 Ford f-250 crew cab, 6spd, diesel
56 ford f100 project

My build thread.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=426739

Last edited by 76kcfdeng; 10-18-2010 at 10:39 PM.
76kcfdeng is offline   Reply With Quote