View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 11:14 AM   #23
old51sedan

Re: Holley Carb adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by old51sedan View Post
Thanks guys for the replies. It's hard for me to believe that there's not an adapter plate made for this intake. It looks like I have 2 choices, buy a Clifford, or have an adapter made. Anyone want to trade there Clifford? My buddy from NY is here in Florida and he swears we will find an adapter plate. I'll let you know how the rest of the story turns out. I definitely want the carb sitting on the manifold facing to the front, I just think it's cleaner looking.
Just thought I'd give an update to this thread. After hitting most swap meets in the last couple of months without finding any such animal, I decided to take the original plate that came on the manifold to the welding shop. They welded the four original holes shut, I then marked it with the gasket and center punched the holes in the plate. Then drilled the holes, countersunk them and it was ready to bolt on. While out looking also picked up an adapter to a 2 barrel in case I wanted to go that way. Ended up buying a newly rebuilt Holley 550 cfm with electric chock, so I guess were ready to go.
Attached Images

old51sedan is offline   Reply With Quote