View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
LT7A

Re: 1990 GMC Sierra extended cab

Okay, bear with me here, but I have a busy imagination, and I like coming up with ideas, like a background story that could fit the theme of building a truck project. Might not fit in at all with how you do things or how you think. So just understand that this is my enthusiasm for working with what you've got there, not a road map that I think you need to follow, or anything like that. That color combo is not something you see now, and I think it's fun to work with a feature of a truck, even if it's an era that has already passed. I think, like I said above, that the obvious '90s accessories aren't helping it. But I think the idea of building it as if it was the next generation tow vehicle for the bandit Trans Am would be cool. Subtle custom and performance mods just to set it apart a little. Already has a dual exhaust. I think pulling the rest of the side trim would look cool and that the running boards / fender flares could go. That means the wide offset wheels would now stick out in would need to go - maybe replaced by some dark gold 17-in wheels that are a little more subtle? Looks like the back may have been lowered a little bit, but I think it could come down a couple inches in the front and an inch and a half in the back or so. A rear roll pan painted the gold color could be cool. That would make the front bumper stand out, and I think that painting it black would be cool. Gold would fit in because of where it is height wise, but it seems that the gold nose might be too much. Anyway, sorry about running amok with your new truck, but every once in awhile something gets my imagination going. I'll shut up now and let you get after it.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote