View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 03:48 PM   #80
joedoh

Re: 49 3600, s10 swap, project boogie

O FAIL NOT THY HUBRIS! so got the BCM and turned the key, nothing. did you know you can install the steering column plug upside down? my fault. turned it over and did column relearn.
people mistakenly call it KEY relearn but its not. S10s have a regular steel key, no transponder. the transponder/security is actually a two part system on the ignition cylinder that requires the key be turned correctly and then the BCM reads the column code. the process after changing steering columns is to turn the ignition on and attempt to start, the security light will flash like above. when it stops flashing, turn it off then back on and try to start, flashing, repeat 2 more times and the security light will go out, the column is learned.
first attempt, no fuel pump noise means check the grounds

second attempt after grounding fuel pump.

driving, the big rear tires are rubbing on the inner fender brace, one tail light park wire was loose but those LED lights from bowtiebits sure are worth the money

nice thing about a bussed electrical system is that eveything works when installed correctly, like the key-in door bonger haha.

need to finish the gauges and figure out the grill mounting. looks like a mean mother hammer. rethinking hubcaps, I am thinking gloss black on the wheels and chrome lug nuts and call it done.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393

Last edited by joedoh; 09-05-2016 at 01:02 PM.
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote