View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 09:12 AM   #45
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: What are your top 5 take out burgers??

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I knew a guy who was a hopeless mooch. He couldn't hide it. For a while he was in the habit of popping by on Sunday before I'd fire the grille up, so naturally he would get an invite to a meal. I had noticed the pattern, it bothered me, before starting the grille I'd say something like "Tim's going to be late for dinner this week". The one Sunday I had steaks to grille. As the coals were lighting I asked if he'd like to joint us and he said, "I can't eat steak. My teeth are so messed up it get's stuck between. I can only eat hamburger". I said, "Sounds good to me!" . No, just kidding. I said, "Darn, that's too bad. I'd be wanting to get those teeth fixed asap! How about pork chops? The same?". As I knew he would say, "Yep, same with pork chops". "Sorry to hear that".

So from then on Sunday was either steak or pork chop night! He stopped coming for our family cookouts
I had a neighbor like that, but with beer. I found out which beer he didn't like and started buying that. A mooch with taste preferences was a first, for me.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote