View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 04:55 PM   #1348
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So the weather forecast said rain.

A fair amount of it.

And I must be honest, it got worse, amd left me really thankful for this structure.

Lodger came home around 13.00……… a bit wet.

A big part of the time spent is just cleaning, matching, restoring, replacing, painting etc.

Two dots to remind me how it goes back together later.

Bushes cut to fit over the bar as ends are rather large.

Also added copper grease on every opened surface to protect and enhance movement.

First bit reassembled.

Followed by the steering rack bushes, after a bit of a fight to get them loosened up, they came off.

Both were split when fitted.

So still on the right track.

Though fit is a major problem.

The bushes are actually too small for the job in one aspect (fitting around the steering rack) and too wide, fitting in the prerequisite spaces, so the bench grinder helped.

Followed by BFH encouragement and Fairy Liquid in copious amounts.

And after a bit of a struggle to get both ends captive, it was all good, Nylocs and split pins back in place. The nut fixing. Plates need to still be folded up.

Then I started on the next set of bushes, on the top control arms.

More castle nuts and split pins.

Undid one, started to drive it out, not sure what the referred energy would be from the springs………

So with one end disengaged, it was time to panic and stop, as light was failing and I may need to approach this a different way.

Note the difference in height already there.

Is that a curve I see in the spring, or is it just happy to see me ?/

At this point I decided walking away till tomorrow was a wise move.

So I packed up tools and went into the garage and painted the roll bar a second coat of Hammerite Red as well as the rear shocks, mainly to see what they look like in red once refitted when planning the lowering, as I have red springs from @Kevins to go in there.

No Bootfair tomorrow as it has been raining most of the day, and will continue overnight.

So maybe a Sunday morning lie in in bed ?/

Unlikely.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote