Thread: Far North 67
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 11:20 AM   #37
coldrider

Re: Far North 67

With the bulk of the fuel system roughed in, I moved on to the intake. The guys selling the blower adapters recommended using an Airaid U-build kit so I bought one in 3.5” but didn’t end up using it. While the kit offers plenty of bends, the inside diameter made it pretty restrictive, plus, to get things routed where I needed, I’d end up with clamps stacked on top of each other back-to-back-to-back. While it would’ve been a little quicker, I scrapped that plan and ordered a 3.5” aluminum elbow and made my own.

To keep the bend nice and tight to the supercharger, I had to sacrifice one of the threaded inlet/outlets on the injector rails by angle cutting and capping it. Doing this made fuel line routing a little more challenging, but the chances of getting fuel fittings to that corner would’ve been a challenge all its own.

The open end of the tube is where I'll hang the throttle body. I’ll figure out routing the rest of the intake & air filter once the TB and all other critical pieces are in place.

Yes, the final bit of tube isn’t level with the supercharger. It was but things pulled a little during welding. It still bothers me when I look at this picture. Which is why I don’t look at this picture.
Attached Images

coldrider is offline   Reply With Quote