View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 09:34 AM   #58
tutone

Re: The building of "Monroe" 72 4x4 swb

I've never seen anyone cover this on youtube or here for that matter. That doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe I just didn't search for it correctly. But, lets talk about the styling curve in front of the rear wheelwell opening. Most people leave it when they shorten a 68-72 long bedside. 67 is the same on both. I found a way to do it easily in less than an hour and it is a whole lot easier to do on the table than on the truck. It can still be done , however. In the 1st photo, i mark a straight line from right below the trim molding, and basically stay off the edge reveal far enough to weld and grind. Iend up carving out a 3/4 inch place to patch and dolly and bend it wth channel locks until it conforms. Start welding at the top and weld solid your bedside edge.. At this time you can level and tack towards the bottom on the wheel opening side. Make sure you tack it enough that it doesn't break loose on you. Take your time and work it till you like the look of it. Takes less than an hour to do, but it is a nice little detail.
Attached Images

1955 210 2 dr sedan/1998 RCSB Z71
tutone is offline   Reply With Quote