View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:32 PM   #8
SCOTI

Re: '99 OBS CC SWB Brake Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarl95 View Post
I had a set that was "new" that I'm guessing had been stored standing up and were so out of round when you hit the brakes the whole car shook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
You didn't notice vibration just driving?

I still have the old drums in the shop. I suppose I could throw them back on this afternoon to see if there's any difference.
@Snarl95... Brother, I want to extend a 'Thank You Sir' to you.

I yanked the new drums off & popped the old units on. Other than blowing off the brake dust I didn't make any other changes. Drove it around my shop-complex neighborhood & normal pedal. It's a little lower vs w/the fresh drums but since I didn't adjust for the wear on them I expected that possibility. I did 3x laps around the neighborhood varying my speeds & no brake shudder on any of the 'stops'.

I'm going to run the 'new' drums over to my buddy @ a dealership tomorrow AM & see if we can rig them up on the balancer or lathe for a visual. I'll follow-up after.

Sometimes its you guys out there on this great forum/site taking the time to assist & help us see the obvious things we might miss right in front of us. Discussion, bouncing ideas back & forth, + learning from others experiences are one of the GREATEST benefits of these forums.

Again, I do appreciate the feedback from you & @pwdcougar.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.