View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #59
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by JointTech View Post
ok ok. Ill take a step back and think more about it.
This IS a hobby. I should be more inclined to talk with other people (gramps) about parts. But I'm a hermit
Junk yards dont do it for me. I hate snakes, dirty **** and long lines. Oh and the heat. God those dirt lots are hot and dusty. Also my time is worth more than the savings in most cases. Every once in a while I go with a buddy to help him find something and check out whats there.

Anyway, good points all. Maybe ill give the other guys another chance next time. Hopefully they will come around on the websites.

As to the cost/time of keeping a website up to date. yea thats part of doing business. at least thats the way I see it. These arent hobbyists like for example the guy who sells brake booster mounts or the guy that redoes sun visors, they are businesses.

That is where you are very mistaken. Many of the site supporting vendors here are hobbyists whom grew a business from that. ClassicHeartbeat and GMCPauls both come to mind. Both have been around and supported this site and its members for over a decade. Both own and work on their own trucks. Both have had part in having parts that were not available produced for OUR hobby. I am in no way trying to leave any other vendors out, because there are quite a few others whom did the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jointtech
Yea some stuff is crappier but they have everything in one place and its clean and air conditioned...
I would much rather lend my support to someone whom supports our hobby, has been a part of this community and stands by its members than a walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
So sell me a modern updated website at "Walmart" prices! And oh, would keep updating it for me too? All for the same price.
I designed my site and some of the other companies have copied my ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Heartbeat View Post
To my knowlege I have never charged anyone a nickle for my knowlege. I have always given it freely and hoped that my advise would be apriciated, and yes an order would result. Does it always happen, no quite the oppisite. 1 in 4 phone calls may result in a parts order and even fewer responces in forums. Yet I take the time with each one of you as if I were building the truck myself, regardless of wether you by a single part from me. Lets see any internet geek (not meaning it in a mean way), build my website for free, and when it mowfunctions, fix it for free and while they are at it update it too. It will not happen, yet us board venders help you with your truck every day, without cost. You just said it yourself in your last post. You kind of sound a little spoiled here, and certainly unappriciative. Not what we have tought you grasshoper... "Gramps"
That sir is what community is about, and what we as a site stand for.

Wes, this is a public open offer.. if YOU feel like it is time to update just let me know. I will take a few days off here and help you do whatever is needed to get the site where YOU want it. And yes, you know I will help you keep it updated as well. I would much rather spend my time offering a hand, then telling you how out of date you are. (not my opinion.. offer stands if you ever want it)

Jointtech.. I have nothing against you, your post, or your opinion. I just disagree with many points you have made. So as you said don't take offense
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote