View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 11:07 AM   #52
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: NOT so EZ wiring

ya, some of the wires are off from factory. this kit is a little "too" universal, but the wires are all clearly marked. i was able to get the column wired up from digging around on different diagrams and adapter kits for these. now obviously i wont know 1 thousand percent until i test them...but they should be right.

but anyways, what makes this install a little more interesting is the fact im using an ls engine and not a stock small block...so (im assuming) a lot of these ez wire power wires under the hood either dont get used, or will run to something else to power.

if there is no coil, no hei, no choke..these should not be used, right?

im assuming the alternator is controlled by the pcm (its also wired in the stand alone ls harness), then the alternator power and exciter wire should also not be used?

which would only leave me solenoid power, and ignition switch power (from the ez wire truck harness)?

i appreciate all your help with getting this squared away..if you need any pictures i could post them. like i said, it makes things a little challenging using the ls motor

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote