View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
scoyote

'72 Frame Up Rebuild

OK, my turn I guess.

Here's a before photo and a few shots of progress.

I'll try to keep this thread updated as we go.

The "project" outlines for this stage of the build are:
Frame up - Body work to be done by Royce's Auto Detail here in Fort Collins
Mechanics, custom fab etc....performed by MTO in Fort Collins, CO
(I don't have the time, know how or room to do this myself but I can do all the clean up work on the frame, axles....I can do the dirty work ;-)

1. Dana 60 front and 14 BFF rear - no lockers right now, just getting the axles under is first. These are 411 gears which will be sufficient until I can afford to install the air lockers.

2. 4" lift with Skyjacker Softride kit....comfortable and capable...those are the keywords.

3. 383 stroker installed in front of 350 TH w/2,000 rpm stall converter and beefed up clutches. I STILL don't know what to do for fuel delivery. I want to get that Edlebrock Pro Flo Injection but that is around a $5,000 investment by the time it's installed and tuned so for now I guess I'm going to put a Holley Truck Avenger on it and wait until I have the money for injection.

But, I'm sure open to any suggestions....it's beating me up trying to figure out the best cost effective fuel delivery system for that stroker.

4. Cross over steering

5. 37 gallon tank with skid plate

6. Clean up the frame, axles and bolt the body back on.

7. Custom fab front and rear bumpers and if I have funds left I'll have the sliders fabbed and installed. Gonna wait on the winch until the next part of this project probably.

That's the build's first stage in a nutshell and I'll post progress pics as we go.

I'm excited.....and hope to have this on the road for summer....top off....and cruisin' ;-)

That's the basic outline for this first part of the build.
Attached Images

1991 F250 - Hunting truck w/ Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front and rear winches .... and more....
1997 Grand Cherokee - fun jeep - Detroit rear locker, ARB front locker, front winch, 411 gears, lots of lights ;-)
2004 Hot Rod DuraMax - Dnyo'd at the wheels with 525 HP and 1100 lbs torque.....mustang killer.

Last edited by scoyote; 01-31-2009 at 01:46 AM.
scoyote is offline   Reply With Quote