View Single Post
Old 02-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #78
rfmaster

Re: Tbi swap build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408cuda View Post
Just a quick update. It lives! Had it running 3 or 4 times today. Sounds decent but did trip the SES light for the o2 sensor which was no surprise as it's jb welded into ~2' of ex pipe and the other side is open header. This was just to see if would even run. Lots of odds and ends to do now but we're on our way. Pretty uneventful test fire overall. We hooked the donor tank up under it and once it had fuel psi to the TB she took right off.

Checked the alt and only showed about 12.5v, need to look into that still.

rf, the diagrams are amazing. The ignition one will really be a great help to those thinking of doing this. I plan to study the headlights and will put to use when we get to that. Thanks again!

Hope I didn't steal your thread cj, but another tbi swap running and you guys were a big help. More questions to follow I'm sure.
Cuda

No worries about the thread - we are here to help (especially now). Do you know which alternator you have mounted on your motor??? I am guessing (based on a posted photo) that it is CS130 - should have four terminal connector with pins labeled S F L P and a stud labeled "Bat". Please confirm which alternator you have.

//RF

1975 Chevrolet C20 longbed
350/700R4! with 3inch body lift
Dual Flowmasters Super 40's!
TBI retrofit completed (2007-07-29)
New 383CID (+030) 08-304-8 9.5:1CR x36,005 (2012-12-17)