View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 04:46 PM   #4
DM72C20

Unhappy Re: Gen 4 ignition wiring questions

It is the 09 fuse box as well. Hoping for OEM reliability and parts interchange if possible.

Will try the purple wire to the run/crank relay. It didn't make sense to me that the key would turn on the relay but then there was no signal for crank. Would the pink supply key on power to the ECM through some other input?

Today's work yielded a bit of good but more bad. I got HP Tuners connected and disabled VATS and wrote that. No problem there. The bad was when I tried to connect the pink wire to 86 on the starter relay and promptly melted that area of the fuseboard

In other good news, I have the speedo swap in place and it looks great! Thanks for the kit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
You say you are using most of the '09 fuses, but you didn't say whether or not you're using the '09 fuse box as well, or if you made your own.

If you are going to use a starter relay, then you would need to use the purple wire coming from the ignition switch to turn on the relay. It would need to be hooked to either 85 or 86 on the relay. 30 would be from the battery and 87 would go to the starter relay.

You are most likely going to need to not use the ECM to control it though, because without the BCM, which actually tells the ECM when to crank it, it probably isn't going to work.

It's possible that hooking the yellow/black X1-52 wire to the relay on pin 86 and grounding orange/black X1-1 through the NSS will work, but I have never personally tried it, but might be worth a shot just to see if it will work or not.

Last edited by DM72C20; 10-25-2021 at 04:48 PM. Reason: emoji didn't work.
DM72C20 is offline   Reply With Quote