View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 12:02 AM   #38
JJorgensen52
Simple? What's simple?

Re: New project! The "Red Herring"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
Seems you've done your homework on the fit, I'm along for the build, so I'll keep watching, best of luck...Jim
Thanks! I can use all the luck I can get

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
That Cutlass nose if in good shape should bring in some extra cash ,kind of hard to find them.
Well this is nice to know. Other than the grills being cracked everything on this car is pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
Sound's like Leevon's "Popeye" build, love that build.
That's not the one I was thinking of, but that is one sweet truck I hadn't seen before!

Today I had a day of unexpected warm, sunny weather. Which meant I did an outdoor project I've been holding off on - I made the fence between my house and my garage "swing away" so I could get the part storage trailer and my parts car into the back yard (and actually park my daily in the driveway )

But I did start tearing down the driver's side

This side will need more repairs in the pillars. I have a patch for the rear pillar and I'm going to fab up the lower section below the hinge pocket (which is in fine shape)

Other news, there was a baseball sized dent in this pillar, which I'm working on massaging out. I've never done hammer and dolly work before, so slow going here and being careful. A tap here, a tap there!

I should have a pretty easy week at work this week so stay tuned for updates!
'66 Impala SS convertible 327-QJet-glide (4 speed swap one of these days...) Photos
'69 CST/10 4x4 SWB Stepper 350 2bbl - NV4500/NP241C (Broken Truck!)
'72 Sierra Grande 2WD LWB fleetside 350-TH350 Refresh
'99 K2500 Silverado RCLB 5.7 Vortec - NV4500/NP241C (Daily)
'99 K2500 Suburban 7.4 Vortec - NV4500/NP246 (still working out the bugs)
SOLD
'71 Custom/10 2WD LWB fleetside - '72 GMC K/3500 Dually (Sold to redryder)
JJorgensen52 is offline   Reply With Quote