Thread: My New Truck
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2023, 08:50 PM   #170
Factory Guy

Re: My New Truck

Tilt AND Cruise Column now installed.

Since somebody had cut the cruise wires, inside the steering column, prior to my purchase of the column. It was necessary to buy a new Cruise Switch (see photo's below-somebody cut it so close to the stalk it made it unusable). The place where I got my Steering Column redone, Steering Columns Galore (SGC) said they had no sources for new Switches. I finally found a repop that looks identical to the factory units. Once the LS goes in it will get wired up.

EDITED: 3/13/2023

So i go to wire up my ignition switch, nothing matches the old stock non tilt/non cruise ignition switch. So long story is the wiring loom under the dash to the IGNITION SWITCH remains the same (it is NOT necessary to re pin or anything), the wires AND connectors just get moved.

So in the Ignition switch photo below (the blue ignition switch=not mine just one I grabbed on the internet). The rear plug "POS 1" needs to be moved to "POS 2", AT the SAME TIME they get inverted (turned over and plug right into the ignition switch with NO REPINNING required. The front plug POS 2 needs to be moved to POS 1 AND INVERTED, NO REPINING REQUIRED.
Attached Images

Last edited by Factory Guy; 03-13-2023 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Clarification
Factory Guy is offline   Reply With Quote