View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #1
ECU PIRATE

" Quality Time "

Going to work on this a little at a time........... I told myself this time around, I would find something that I could drive while working on it instead of tearing it apart and let it sit until it was done the way I saw it in my head. This is going to be a Father / Son project with my 71' year old father. He is the one that found the truck after driving by it for a year.

An almost rust free shortbed stepside out of his hometown in North Louisiana. The PO told him it was a 79' but, I think it is somewhere in the neighborhood of 77'-78'. About the truck: straight 6 w/ 3 on the tree , stepside bed with fender mounted spare tire.

Immediate plans are change the fluids, new battery , new fuel pump , new tires , new bed wood, and possibly be re-shot the existing color.

The last couple of trucks that I have gotten my hands on, I ended up parting out. This is one is a keeper just for the simple fact that Dad and I both like the way it looks. After the smoke clears, I may have to put a little 2/4 drop on it. Eventually, I would love to drop a 402 BBC in this with a Muncie tranny and new rear gears and see what she can do.............................
Attached Images

14' VW Passat SE TSI (my personal)
14' Ford Edge Sport (Daily Work Vehicle)
73' SWB Stepside - 77K org. miles
74' LWB 454/TH400 - drive train transplant for my (Sold)
98' SWB C1500 W/T - shop truck (Sold)
90' GMC Sierra SLE short step - aka " Jezabelle " (Sold)
ECU PIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote