View Single Post
Old 12-27-2023, 09:27 PM   #24
Extended Power

Re: My 1970 GMC resto-mod, 4 years of changes...

Now this brings us up to the last year and a half.
This is where I pulled the old engine out, and placed the new 572 in the engine bay.
It was so tight, the passenger side valve cover hit the heater box housing.
Fine...who needs a heater...
Pulled it off, and made a cover for the holes.
Then I found a brand new Vintage Air gen iv AC unit for our truck!!! (Facebook market place)
So then I had to remove the cover I just made, to install the cover that VA included in their kit.
I also had to move the engine forward another inch or so, to have enough clearance to pull the passenger valve cover.
Engine was too tall from adding the valve cover extension piece to gain clearance for the stud girdle.
And since this new engine has between 750-800hp, I new there was no room or way, that a brake boost was ever going to work...so...hydroboost was added. (Another score from marketplace)
And just when I was finishing hooking up the adaptive things for using the stock temperature controller, I found a brand new Dakota Digital DDC-4000...once again, on market place. The guy was only asking $250 and I was really wondering why it was so cheap...like...missing parts?
Nope, he said he had been trying to sell it for like 6 months, and had zero interest...he just wanted it gone.
No problem! I'll take it!!!!
Attached Images