View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 06:45 PM   #21
jumpsoffrock

Re: Bought C3500 basket case

Thank you dave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I missed that door interior picture when I posted. Thanks for pointing that out. So the VIN has a "T" added to indicate GMC, Chevy got a "C". By the numbers the truck began life as a Fenderside. I bet the box was in bad shape and the reason for the alteration to accept the standard longbed. The 133" WB trucks got a 9' bed. Bedsides and steps are hard to find
What's odd here is the supposed backstory of the truck.

The truck was bought new by a guy. That guy used it on some huge farm here in CA that they owned. Guy passes truck down to his son. Son sells it to longtime best friend #1. Friend #1 sells it to much later-in-life friend #2.

I buy it from Friend #2.

All stories are from friend #2, who said the truck came from the factory with a flatbed. The farm family decided they could use the flatbed for storage racks better than on the truck and therefore remove original flatbed from truck.
Friend#2 locates the bed currently on the truck and alters the truck accordingly to install this bed.

There is almost no way I can verify any of this to be true other than it is a CA truck and didn't have this bed. From all the grind marks I'd also say all the fram mods are for sure, but I haven't actually measured the wheelbase.

Thanks for the info on what this truck actually was. A bit of a surprise though. I really didn't like these trucks as fendersides. Not a good look.
jumpsoffrock is offline   Reply With Quote