View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 01:05 PM   #5
kipps

Re: '83 C10 TBI swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp190 View Post
Haven't decided if I am going with '87 sending units and pumps or frame mounted pump.
If you can afford them and find them, switch over all the fuel components to the TBI setup. Purchase the baffled tanks, the sending units, and the switching valve for a 1987 r/v truck. These should all bolt right up to your 1983, and will be completely correct for your TBI system. Do a little research into the fuel pump. The stock TBI pump was barely adequate, and most folks install an upgraded pump instead.

These TBI side-saddle tanks and senders have been in short supply over the last year. Some key manufacturers have stopped making them, and the demand has gone through the roof because all the LS-swap guys are wanting these components as well. I think they're increasing in supply again, but I can't guarantee you'll find everything you need.
1987 C6P V20 truck, 2010 LMG 5.3, AFM delete, 2010 Camaro exhaust manifolds, 1997 nv4500, 1991 np241c, hydroboost, 2005 14bff axle & driveshaft, drop-n-lock gooseneck, 4.10 gears, stock suspension, rims, and tires. Still a work in progress. Any questions or suggestions are welcome!
kipps is offline   Reply With Quote