View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 08:39 AM   #42
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: Let's see the 8 lug wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloGMC View Post

It does seem like tall 16" tires are relatively hard to come by, I suppose that's what put me over the edge to grab some H2 wheels. Slots are the bomb for sure and it's a shame they're only available as a 17x10 now or else I probably would have gone with them instead.
The last 16.5's that I just bought were easy peasy. Not so much before. I looked at some of the new slots back in the day and they just didn't look the same to me so I went for some old ones. It took me about a year to finally put a set together.

I saw a set at Pomona. But I didn't ask about them because all I had there was my BMW and I didn't think that they'd fit in it.

But the swap meet was winding down. I was leaving and passed by them again and had to ask. The guy was packing and when I asked how much? He said "just take them, I don't want to load them'.

So now I have a dilemma. This guy is leaving and I have to get my car over there and figure out how to squeeze these wheels and tires in it. My car is far away, and the place is crowded. What the heck. You can't fail if you don't try. Right?

I managed to get in through heavy traffic and load them in my car. I couldn't close the trunk but I got them in and I only lived a mile away but I was glad nothing fell out because it was sketchy.

What I didn't realize (because I didn't check) was that these tires were something like 33's. They were too big for my stock C/20. If my truck was lifted, yes but it isn't. So no. No bueno.

So I put them on Ebay and got $200 for them. The guy paid me and never picked them up. I tried to get ahold of him. No dice. This guy was ducking me and he had already paid.

So I just gave the guy his money back and put them on Ebay again and got $250 for them.

I guess that's why I've held onto my old slots so long. I went through a lot of trouble to get them.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote