View Single Post
Old 12-14-2023, 01:44 PM   #5
NDM

Re: Bucketlist Blazer -Restomod build 6.6liter L8T

So the plan is to take the front crossmember from a 84 C20, Convert it to 6 lug to be able t use my Factory rally wheels and do a stock height or lifted 2wd setup. Mostly to get rid of all the leaky 4wd stuff but basically it will stay that way until the day when I decide to drop it down low.

I may still decide to keep 4wd but for now I am just simply annoyed at all the leaks that are involved in the NP205. My beautiful paver driveway that I laid by myself now has oil drips and that really annoys me . I spent an entire summer working on the 20 pallets of pavers.

2wd is just simpler too. The ride should be much better and the parts are sooooo much cheaper too. I simply cannot afford to do a 4wd build on a vehicle that will never be used for much offroad at all. The most offroad that I will ever do is visit my parents property in the AZ desert.

So for now.....Pre-runner 2wd style it is.

I know that the 6l90e will make it soooooo much better with the 401hp and 464 torque. I have a Gen4 6.0 L96 and a 6l90E in my 76 Buick Regal and that thing absolutely rips! It is a very angry car yet can settle down when I want it to be calm. It has QA1 double adjustable coilovers and is so much fun to drive. It is a 17 foot sleeper for sure.

The Blazer will get the same treatment. I am going for something like my old Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT. Low, wicked handling and lots of power.

Well this is the beginning. I will update as I move along.
NDM is online now   Reply With Quote