View Single Post
Old 05-06-2022, 10:48 AM   #135
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Small progress lately…..
I was kicked out of the shop for a while, my wife wanted to use the shop space to host a party that she felt she didn’t have room for in the house. It wasn’t all bad though, she cleaned the overhead doors, walls, cabinets, everything!

When checking the drive line angles, I found I would need to shim the rear axle to align better with the transmission. I found the shims i needed at Speedway motors. After adding the shims I remeasured the length needed for a new driveshaft. The measurement only changed 1/16th of an inch. I was then able to call the shop with my numbers. The new shaft should be here late next week.

I tried, but was unable to find a upper radiator hose that fit correctly, so I had to make one out of 2 pieces of hose and a junction that joins the 1 1/4” to 1 1/2” . Again I found the aluminum adapter tube at Speedway motors. I did find them at Summit, but they were out of stock until 6/5/22.
I have finished the wiring, for the most part, I will probably try to tidy it up more, once I’m certain all the circuits are correct and functional.
I did add a catch can can, and a air intake as well.
Small progress, but getting closer to being able to fire this truck up!
Attached Images