View Single Post
Old 12-20-2022, 06:48 PM   #148
sfont66

Re: 72 C10 for my 25th wedding anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Awesome build!
I too am running the Terminator X Max kit. I started with a PSI kit, it was nice and work good, but I really am sold on the Holley kit! With that said, please note that I had a crazy issue this past month with mine Holley kit. I went to start it and it was running so damn rich and crazy idle issue. I tried and tried to figure it out. So I got ahold of the tuner I used (Andrew whom does the tune all while he is in a different state than i am via my laptop) and within 3 min he found an issue with a vacuum leak and was able to direct me to the vacuum line that is tied into the back of the Holley ECU. The little clear Vacuum connector that is attached to the little blue line just broke in Half, thus a massive vacuum leak. The only thing we can figure is that vibrations caused an issue because this is not the first time he has seen this. So, maybe take a look at this on yours. I called Holley and they do not have a part number for it, BUT they are shipping me a new one for free, Thank you Holley. My plan is to cut a larger diameter rubber hose in half long ways and cover the hoses and fitting with this. Anyways, just passing on info i have from mine. Otherwise, love the kit! great work on yours!!!

Thanks for the kind words
And thanks for the heads up on the vacuum line connection. I do agree that Holley could have done a better job with that particular connector. I will keep an eye on it.
As for the rest of the Holley Terminator system, I think the quality is excellent for the price. I would buy it again .