View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #2
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: 1969 turn signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig7 View Post
Had to wire a new ignition switch in my 69 GMC C1500 and now my right turn signal in the dash does not light up or blink. But turn signals out side blink and work fine. Any suggestions?
The dash blinker lights are powered by two small blue wires either on the steering column connector for the turn signal switch or at the firewall block behind the fuse panel. They are a direct connection with the left and right front turn signal light wires so that when the L or R signal is selected these two wires are powered and the light in the dash cluster should blink.

See the red arrow in the upper right or the tan arrow in the lower left square. One of the blue wires goes out to the front turn lights and the other blue goes to the dash cluster to the cluster plug.

Name:  cab 3,jpg.jpg
Views: 2282
Size:  102.5 KB

The left light is light blue and the right light is dark blue. I can't see how the ignition switch change could have affected this and it may just have been a coincidence. The switch would have to be on for the lights to work but there would be other malfunctions as well. You may have just blown that bulb or the socket might not be grounded.

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote