View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 08:53 PM   #303
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Nudder Music Thread: 67-72 Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Pretty good pickin' if you ask me. I think he wrote that first song.

Today I put on The Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet, an all time great album front to back. One of those that I love as much now as I did then. After that, it was YouTube, came John Mayall and The Bluesbreakers, the first album. That has to be about the most influential album for me in my whole life. I was just a kid when it came out. My family was very musical and in a varied way. My oldest sister (4 years older) was a teenager and she dated musicians. I got turned on to this album and it showed me there is fantastic music out there outside the mainstream. Music made with a passion, not dollar bills in mind. This was the first I ever heard Eric Clapton, well any of them. John McVie, later Fleetwood Mac bassist led me to that group in it's early years. Ansley Dunbar was a fantastic drummer and that was when I was first starting to play. Then, of course, John Mayall. I had every album of his and he could put together the best musicians ever. I must have seen him in concert at least ten times.

Here is that album. I hope you can listen to it all
J?o?h?n? ?M?a?y?a?l?l? ?B?l?u?e?s?.?.?.?.? ?E?r?i?c? ?C?l?a?p?t?on 1966 Full Album (Deluxe Edition) - YouTube
That first tune is a lot like Cream's born under a bad sign, thought it was at first. Never heard of Ansley Dunbar, yeah he was great, he played with top notch guys.

Some great Jazz in the mix, that sax is first rate. GREAT harmonica.

They remind me of The Animals a bit.

WOW!, what's that tune called at 21:00? That's the (**^)^()^. I can't find it under "shotgun at my back."

I only have two Mayall tunes, going to be a lot more.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote