View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 09:36 PM   #90
mr.mud1

Re: 1972 Cheyenne Super coming apart to go back together

progress today was installing new rear shocks and working on exhaust.i had new mufflers and Waldron tailpipes,then discovered my exhaust pipes were not as good as i thought they were,so on the horn back to Waldron since none of the auto parts guys could help,Napa,Carquest and on and on.i emailed Walker/Tenneco,they no longer make the front pipes.Waldron says 8-12 weeks and they said freight to me was $441.00???i'll order them another time and ship them to somewhere in the States that i plan to be and bring them home but for now i need something to start the engine and eventually drive the truck once the weather improves.i made up a pattern since i can't take the truck to the local muffler shop,and had them bend me up a few pieces of pipe and today i fit,fooled,welded and filed til i had something that resembled an exhaust system.it's all on,on the original hangers and straps around the mufflers,a pain to work on but super strong.i didn't realize til i was back there working but the 50 year old spiral delco shocks have the bottoms caved in,must have seen alot of gravel roads in Idaho on the fishing and camping trips it took the original owners on?all good now.next battle is trying to find short starter bolts.i bought a new starter but it must have a universal type nose cone on it,the original bolts from my original starter are too long?it requires bolts 3 5/8's long,i found 1 in my junk,went everywhere again looking for a bolt,even the Chevy dealer and nothing.tomorrow i have to come up with a bolt somewhere.
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote