View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
Ricky78045

Re: Bypass air pollution pump

Well as of right now there isn't a smog test here in my part of Texas, only requiremen is a muffler that drops 3 inches past the cabin or something like that, they don't do sniffer tests.. Cuz if they did..... Lol the whole city would be in trouble " I'm in the border with Mexico, and most people here aren't as careful with their cars as most" I drove behind a 2000 minivan.... Pitch black smoke, my trucks an 88 and it has some white smoke when I floor it... That's cuz anti-freeze is leaking into the intake manifold through the heater core connector, that's another story . But I've asked 3 cops in my neighborhood and they said that as long as I have a muffler.. I'm set. I removed the air pollution pump pulley long time ago... And I've taken my baby to mechanics that I believe stole parts from me but I want to remove anything that isn't needed, I see a small vaccumm hose that connects to the air pump to the throttle body, when I disconnect it, the engine sounds like it's idleing alot faster... No clue. But if u have any info that might help me rod, that would be great

1988 Chevrolet Silverado Single Cab, Short bed, 350, 5.7L: daily driver/on a budget restoration
Ricky78045 is offline   Reply With Quote