View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 01:45 AM   #16
Richard

Re: 6" LIFT KIT OPTIONS "OFF ROAD DESIGN" Vs SKYJACKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFarms View Post
Thanks for reply and yes I called ORD on Tuesday and discussedthe shackle flip and he said anything over 3" you have to use shackle flip. I ask him if I can just order 5" springs directly from Alcan and he said No they would hit bottom of box and not ride as nice. I want to try the kit BUT for $2800 the difference between it and a skyjacker soft ride better be HUGE
There are several 16"+ leaf spring long travel kits for many trucks available and all use a tension style shackle. ORD seems to be focused on rock crawling. Just order some 5" springs direct and forget about it, will be fine. Your bump stop determines where axle stops not the box. Regarding axle location, If you want the axle centered in bottom of well move pin 1" back. Want centered with top of arch (stock) leave centered in spring pack. Unless you are wanting to move any hangers for longer springs I would suggest to leave the stock ones. Only reason I changed my front hangers is the military wrap Deavers would not fit in stock hangers. Ord sells an "extreme travel" shackle that is designed for use with a tension style shackle to increase droop. Not sure where they are going with the info. Maybe like some older companies, ie Holley. Trying to hold on to there older tech/investments?

Edit- I am using 5.13's with 37's on my truck with OD. If you want stock like performance use 4.10's with 35's. More freeway and do not care much about performance use 3.73. My truck originally has 3.73 and 31's. Revved a bit high on highway but fine for me. In my experience an old carbed 350/th350 will average 10-12 mpg empty or loaded od or not regardless of tire size and gearing.

Last edited by Richard; 06-03-2021 at 02:06 AM.
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote