Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
Kevin_C

Re: 55 in NH build

Thanks for your response Dan, I posted in the introduction page a couple of weeks ago but Im not sure if many check that page. Probably should have introduced myself in the 47-59 group.

for the truck im looking at improved handling and braking. Although im not looking for an auto cross truck I do like a bit of a pro touring look. This truck will most likely be used for carving up the back roads and maybe drag strip a couple of times a year for kicks as im just down the road from New England Dragway.

I think the truck has a good stance now or could even be raised a little. It currently has lowering springs in the back and the PO said they are way too soft and arching the wrong way. He gave me two sets of stock springs with the truck. I figured the 4 bar with panhard looks as an easy add if im swapping the rear and allow me to set the height.

Im bummed about the doors. they close nice but severely gutted (which I knew prior to buying) if it was just the center I would have fabbed something up but they are cut all the way into the door handle hole so I think they are a total loss. Ive been looking for a while. not much here in New England. Im not the best welder but im not too scared of it.

If I do end up going IFS I will probably go with one of the higher end kits and wont open the "which one is best" can of worms but given the current stance what do most chose for height on the kit?
Attached Images

Kevin_C is offline   Reply With Quote