View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 06:26 PM   #19
diesel burner

Re: My 71 K20 Cummins swap

Just wanting to share some information today..... one of the things I notice a lot of people struggling with swapping motors is power steering lines/hoses. When I did my Cummins swap I found a hydroboost unit from a 93 chevy 1 ton. I took all the lines that were attached to it also. When it came time to plumb it in, I cut the tubing off as close as i could to the spot where it flared open to the hose fitting. I found that Parker Hose makes a fitting that crimps onto a new hose and the opposite end of the fitting has a ferrule and nut to crimp onto the steel tubing. They are called Ferulok Flareless Bite Type Fittings......
I was able to reuse my existing steering box lines and the three hydroboost lines from the 93 1 ton and came up with a real clean factory looking setup. My NAPA store was able to order the fittings and make the new hoses, I also had the option of having a local farm equipment dealership make them. These fittings are popular in farm equipment and heavy equipment repair where they use lots of formed steel lines for hydraulic lines.
These may not be the cheapest way to go, but i was pleased with how it worked for me and wanted to share. I don't have any pictures but if you go back to my above posts you can zoom in on some of the pictures and get an idea. When I google these fittings, I don't find the ones i have but like I said before NAPA had some in stock and ordered more
Hope someone finds this helpful.....
06 GMC sierra 2500 extended cab duramax,allison
05 Toyota Corolla (commuter)
18 Chevy Tahoe RST (wifes car)
08 HD Roadglide
diesel burner is offline   Reply With Quote