View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
litew8

which is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRENCHBLUE72 View Post
Welcome to the board from southern oregon... Hope you figured out the frame deal..c-10 or c-20
Well, the previous owner (1991) who dumped 3 grand (or more) into the truck and sold it said he put a new crate GM engine in it, touched up the passenger door due to paint peeling at the mirror mount (which got devastated since anyways).

Other stuff he said -

He didn't replace the rear-end or anything.
He did purchase custom wheels (not pictured yet) for the 5 on 5 - so that confirms it was like that when he bought it. He said (I'm pretty sure I heard right) he bought it from a kid who wanted a 4x4 instead. He says the truck had the original engine with only 50K on it.

When he had to replace the master cylinder, he had to return it because it wouldn't bolt up right. It turns out he had to order the master cylinder from the C20 instead.

I made a run out to the sandblaster today to drop off the bed rails. I was hoping my truck was sitting outside awaiting tomorrow, but it wasn't so I couldn't take any pictures tonight. So it's still a mystery.

The pinstripe work was done by "Dirty Harry" (he gave the guy's real name, but I forget). At this time, Don Johnson (the movie star) flew "Dirty Harry" down to Florida for the week to have him paint "dolphins" on the side of his yacht or speed boat? Cool!

The previous owner said he may have a picture of the truck when it was "finished" back in 91', and that he'll mail it to me if he finds it.

--------------------------------------------------
It doesn't make any sense to suggest the truck rolled off the assembly line as a C20 with the 5 lug rear/front end, but C20 frame/coils, right? It did have the Auxiliary Spring - but all that is left now are the mounts for them, of which exhaust support brackets are welded to the underside of them.

Last edited by litew8; 07-10-2011 at 07:42 PM.
litew8 is offline   Reply With Quote