View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 03:53 PM   #19
Davidf

Re: Truck Prices are going up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich72C10 View Post
I got my truck last year off craigslist from the town next to me for 16k. The seller hardly drove her in the 5 years he had her and she was garage kept even before he got her. Externally, she looked great with a nice trim level but was very leaky and ran rough. We are all pretty sure the odometer hadn't been roll over and was sitting at ~94k when I got her. When I picked her up last week after having the drive shaft, rear end inspected and the cover seal replaced, 30k was bounced at me for a interested buyer. I didn't even think twice passing on the offer. Having way to much fun!

I have done TONS of stuff to her and except for the engine rebuild, transmission, and 134r AC convert - most of other things I have done she technically didn't need them. Then there are the odd things things that have been annoying re-dos. But for the most part, the insides are now far better than how she looks!

For the record, not long ago the $$$ I have spent reached what I paid for her. Putting in a tilt column, side mount spares with OEM locks, complete frontend (because might as well) and etc. adds up! LOL
LOL: I would guess I put in 4x what I paid for my truck six years ago. But, who's counting. In the end, I have what I want and enjoy driving her. Latest expense is the LS swap which should be done in a month or so. Final cost for the swap will be more that I paid for her.
Davidf is offline   Reply With Quote