View Single Post
Old 11-30-2019, 11:09 PM   #331
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70inbville View Post
is that area around horseshoe lake? I grew up I Pueblo and spent tons of weekends around that area. beautiful waterfall dropping out of horseshoe into tons of beaver ponds down below. ahh memories!
Horseshoe lake is on the Hermit Lake trail outside of Westcliffe. It's one of three trails on the west side of the valley. Rainbow lake (aka Cloverdale mine) is the northern-most trail, Medano is the southern-most trail and Hermit is in between them. Of the three trails only Medano goes all the way over to the other side which is the San Luis valley. Hermit used to go all the way over too, but it got closed near the top many years ago. Hermit also is an extremely rocky trail now. Not so much a full blown rock crawling trail, but it's covered in annoyingly lose and smaller rocks that makes travel slow and methodical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTCK View Post
Great write ups, Rob. Sorry to see you missed DT19 but looks like the blazer is still getting lots of use!
Yep, I was bummed, but what I missed was Death Valley and without AC it would have proved to be rough. I didn't get the truck out as much as I would have liked but made sure when I did get it out I was going to have fun. I can say I did for sure.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote