View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 09:43 AM   #164
SkidmoreGarage

Re: Skidmore '67 C20

Thanks MDPotter! These posts are actually a retrospective as I got the truck up and running a couple weeks ago.

Here are some industry standard photos from the maiden voyage. It drove pretty well with no surprises. It didn't squeak or clunk, but needed an alignment. The gas station attendant was able to fill it up, and the gas gauge worked perfectly. I did need to add another quart of trans fluid along the drive. This was also the first drive since I was able to troubleshoot the accelerator pump on the carb. It was smooth, but I need to fine tune it a little bit. I'm not sure if it is lean or rich on tip in, but it's perfect by comparison to what it was. Very comfortable ride with the bench seat. I plan to change the wheel to something a little smaller.

One major problem I discovered is that my driveway is too steep for the exhaust! It scrapes the mufflers pretty badly. The good news is I plan to replace the garage/driveway, but the witness marks are permanent... I also ran the trailer hitch into the street, oh well!
Attached Images

SkidmoreGarage is offline   Reply With Quote