View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #1
p0508

'71 LS/T56/Ridetech build with cost

Hello all,

I was on here years ago as "71cheyennezz4", life story aside I've went on build quite a few toys mostly LS based cars and LS swapped 1st gen camaros ect ect. After getting rid of my 71 years ago i've come full circle and decided to build a 2wd C10 with an LS and T56.

I'm doing this thread to hopefully help out someone staring down a similar build, I don't have the time nor patience to get on here very frequently and type paragraphs of build information and give a play by play of what I did on any given day. Instead, I'll give a little history on the truck and an explanation here and there and an included link to a google photo album that will continually get updated with progress on the truck. You will also find my email and phone number in this thread, don't hesitate to shoot me an email, text or give me a call with any questions, I'll do my best to help you out.

The Truck:

I picked up a 71 C10 longbed cab sitting on a 71 chevrolet leaf spring shortbed frame. Everything on the frame was factory original, the previous owner had POR-15'd it before selling it to me. He bought a new box, fenders, grille and other bits and pieces. It was a great stripped down starting point for what I wanted to do with it, I paid $5500 for it.

You will find the build sheet below with prices listed for most everything followed by an album with tons of pictures in it from start to finish. I started this build June of 18 and its about 2 weeks away from running and driving, I was gone from august to november so i think its coming along pretty quick. Right now I'm waiting on my new rear end (due within the next 2 weeks), my seats from TMI, have to take the measurements for the driveshaft and get those sent off, and finish up some wiring and odds and ends.

In summary,

1971 C10 SWB frame with a LWB Cab
Swapped from leaf spring rear to full ridetech coilovers
All aluminum L33 5.3 with BTR Cam/Springs LS6 Heads/Intake
Holley HP EFI
New Tremec T56 Mag (TR6060)
New strange 9inch 3.40 gears detroit truetrac
Ridetech full front and rear coilovers
Factory 73-87 Spindles and disc brakes, wilwood rear discs with ebrake.

Build Sheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Photo Album:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/suN7jsh4uRJqrdzN8

Email: dgpiper.06@gmail.com
Phone: nine 1 two six five 6 four four zero 5

Feel free to ask any questions, i'll try and get on here for updates and such but no promises.

-Drew

Last edited by p0508; 01-09-2019 at 06:20 PM.
p0508 is offline   Reply With Quote