View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
tbone67

**Blueprint Stands Behind Their Engines***

I bought a Blueprint 383 crate motor for my 1972 Blazer and it hydro locked after 150 miles over a 4 month period. They told me right away that because I installed it myself, they wouldn't cover labor. Ok, either way I had a Chevrolet dealership do the repair work because I didn't know exactly what I was in for. They started taking apart the motor and discovered that the intake manifold bolts were loose (motor came with the intake) and the heads were old pieces of junk. Major signs of electrolysis and multiple pins installed from crack repairs. This is a high 405 hp engine and you shouldn't be using junk heads waiting to fail. Blueprint kept insisting I overheated the motor and that's why the heads warped. This motor never overheated!!! The junk heads were the cause of this whole thing. The enormous amount of electrolysis on the head and the loose intake manifold bolts with heat and pressure from normal use caused the intake gasket to leak and let coolant flow. This was driven for 150 miles over a 4 month period. Ridiculous!! Keep in mind I bought this motor because it comes with "NEW CAST IRON VORTEC HEADS"!!!!!!!! Buyer beware…it doesn't! Also the cross hatching is gone in the cylinders and they are shining. How can that be gone in 150 miles. I question if it was ever even honed as they say. I'm surprised this thing held together during the so-called dyno run. Blueprint gave me the whole rundown on how they air check everything and torque everything, maybe it held together from them but fell apart for me. I bought this motor because I wanted a reputable company to stand behind their product with a warranty. I didn't want to have some local shop or shade-tree mechanic build one and then have he said/she said issues if a problem would arise. The joke is on me! I understand they can't pay out every warranty claim that comes through the door but I am getting the shaft here. Absolutely depressing and now I am out $2k for labor repairs (not including the tow bill). The Chevrolet dealership agrees with me and also is disappointed with Blueprint not standing behind their product. I watch all these automotive shows with Blueprint sponsorship and advertisements, I was excited and proud to buy my Blueprint motor...not anymore.
Attached Images

Last edited by tbone67; 08-28-2019 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Worked out a suitable outcome with Blueprint
tbone67 is offline   Reply With Quote