View Single Post
Old 03-14-2002, 03:44 PM   #3
sam's 72

He said he can't remember what year it was, but he believed it is a 87 model, he asking $500.00, I might be able to get it cheaper, I have not even talked price with him yet to see if I can get him to come down, I have not made up my mind on it yet! The other thing is, it only has 1000 miles on it, but it has been sitting in the car for 2 years, with out even being started up, this guy has it in a 32 ford street rod, he built this car for his wife, and he is changing out the tranny because his wife says it hit way to hard for her, and she dont like the way it shifts, he showed me the rebuild sheet on it today, it cost him $900.00 just to have it rebuilt, this is not counting what the tranny cost to began with, so any way, I am going to think about it more over the weekend, and get back with him on Monday, I had one in the past, behind a 6.2 diesel, and it gave me pure hell, then the diesel went south on me, and I built a 355 sb, with about 325 hp, and all it did for that small block was make it lug around town, get on it hard, and shift 1st to 2nd, and damn the rpms would drop so much, that the front nose of the truck would nose down like you let off of it, and with what I am building now, I do not want this to happen, but then again, the converter was designed for a diesel not gas......so I just have to think about this more.
Sam