View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 02:33 AM   #2
RustyPile

Re: CPP vs POL motor mounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-n-Tyke View Post
Re: 1969 C20

Previous owner pulled the motor mount frame mounts out when he pulled the engine out of the truck so now I have to replace them before I can put my engine (402 BB) in. Been looking at going with either CPP motor mounts or POL motor mounts. Does one perform better than the other? Anyone have issues with either one?
The PO of my '71 C10 installed a 454 BBC in place of the original I6.. He welded up a concoction of I6 frame brackets and Moroso solid mounts.. I removed all that crap and contacted THE TRUCK SHOP in Orange, CA. and ordered POL frame brackets and mounts.. I first ordered the ones listed for the later frame with the relief cut for the big blocks.. The brackets bolted in just fine but were too far apart where the long "thru bolt" connects the brackets to the mounts.. I contacted THE TRUCK SHOP and spoke with M.J. and discussed the problem.. I figured the PO of my truck had royally screwed up the frame.. M.J. suggested I try the brackets for the '63 - '67 "unrelieved" frame.. I returned the originals and they send the others to me postage paid.. Those brackets fit in the original holes and everything lined up perfect..

M.J. nor I have an explanation for this situation, and I certainly won't be suggesting that the first set of brackets were mislabeled or made wrong. This is the first and only time I've dealt with THE TRUCK SHOP, but their customer service is top notch in my book, so they will be getting some of my business in the future..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote