View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #28
1972RedNeck

Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmjlambert View Post
For Houston I suppose this pretty much confirms what I suspected, I can't be using the original condenser use R134a and be cold in city traffic. It is hotter than hell here, and we have extreme humidity. I know A/C with R134a can be cold here, because my wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor has R134a and it is always extremely cold. I call it biting cold. It doesn't matter if it's 105 degrees out, the air coming out of the vents is way too cold and I have to roll a window down to let some hot air in, or put on a jacket. With that Endeavor system it does not mix warm and cold air or otherwise allow me to adjust the temperature of the air coming out of the vents, and that is an annoyance. But I know I won't have that problem on my Chevy because on the Chevy I do have the ability to mix air. So this is what I'm looking for. I want my truck to have Cold A/C all the time in any traffic and on any day. Unforgiving biting cold if the temp mix is all the way to the left.
While it may never be perfect, if you're system is working, adding an electric fan on the front of your condenser will help a lot.

Obviously the upgraded condenser will be even better if used with an electric fan as well.
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
I once pulled an intake manifold for a cam swap... ended up with a full on drag car that ran in the 11's.
1972RedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote