View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #36
truckeez

Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
If you look at my ac in my truck it's newer GM truck stuff. If he is posting about what will work then I assume he is willing to do some cutting and fitting to make it work. If not then forget it.
Why would you cut a fitting off to just tig weld another one on. The hoses can be adapted to fit each other. I didn't cut any of them off just had new hoses made which you have to do anyway even with a kit you have to make up the hoses.
Nothing is going to be a direct plug and play but with a little looking around in the yards you can find what you will need. The grille opening is big enough to make it happen.
My system is a junkyard pile of parts with new mixed in.
This system is 20+ years old and works great. I installed the orifice tube and 80's model condenser in the box and shot foam inside it to close up the gaps. I then used the accumulator and did away with the drier. Sight glass for 134A isn't neededed.

This fall I plan on collecting all the parts for the ramp truck to install in it and do a junkyard system for it also.
what do you mean yo used the accumulator and did away with the drier-- your system does not use a receiver/drier?
truckeez is offline   Reply With Quote