View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #25
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: HG's Adjustable Track Bar

That's good to know Wes. I'm guessing that all of those trucks had a minimum of a 4 inch drop also. I wonder how much of a difference it makes if the truck is lowered with the correct springs or air bags or heated springs, etc.. How many trucks are out there lowered with a stock bar that are running and riding great? Just thinking about NASCAR and Days of Thunder, didn't they say something about "a wedge here, a shim there, etc." It's possible that some trucks are fine as is depending on how square the axle is mounted, having equal length trailing arms, bushings that are in good condition, axle mount pads that are in the best position for the driveline angles, looseness of the pinion and ring settings, open or posi diff, any twist in the frame, or even front end alignment and squareness to the rear end or large drop in front. These trucks are not exactly known for their precision engineering, fit and finish.

I know how mine rides and wouldn't change it. I've had it at high speed several times and it's smooth and comfy. I've been running with the stock bar and lowered on these springs since about 1987. I've towed boats and campers with it, loaded it to the bump stops, and just plain drove the hell out of it on the open freeways and wash board dirt roads. If it was loose in the rear, I let off the gas, or maybe just give it a little more, depended on my mood at the time.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote