Thread: 47-55.1 Hazzard lights
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2024, 01:33 PM   #14
mr48chev

Re: Hazzard lights

Unfortunately standard bulbs aren't going to tell him what he needs to know. It should tell him that the circuit actually works but doesn't tell him if it works with LED bulbs. As much as I like LED stop, tail and turn lights and replacement led bulbs for oem headlights like I have in My BMW they aren't without issues that they bring with them.

He needs to know if the wiring, Flasher and rest of the circuit is working right for LED bulbs up to that point. That's called making sure that it works right to this point and now we will deal with what we have past this point.

A test light should work to show that he does or doesn't have power to that plug though.

If the flasher is bad or hooked up wrong or the 4 way button the column is pushed and there is no flasher hooked up to that circuit causing the turn signals to not work. (been there done that on that one) Plus I forgot that one until this morning. Once he knows that he has the circuits working up to the park and turn light connections at the front then he can sort out the lights themselves. I'd set the lights on the bench, lay the wiring diagram for the lights next to them and either use jumper wires to a 12V power source or an OHM meter or circuit tester to figure out if they work at all and how they are supposed to be hooked up to work. Looking at the image of the wrangler lights in post 7 and the reason I posted it is that the park / turn bulbs ground through the headlight ground wire and if the headlight plug isn't connected and isn't wired right you don't have a ground.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote