View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 10:59 PM   #13
KyleSeal

Re: New Door Bottom Stampings!!!!!

Heres some new vs old... I dont have an old one on hand (threw those away) so Ill do my best to elaborate - there is a triangle on the lower side of the panel on the new one that is a replica of the factory stamping, vs the flat on the old one. The door hinge mounting face on the old one looks as though you're looking through non-prescription glasses, soft edges, poor measurements and dimensions, virtually useless for anyone who cares about fit and finish, and the body line that is shown on the lower portion, the line is far more crisp and accurate against the old style. Now, are these the best thing ever? No, they'll need work, modification and some technical skill, but they are miles ahead of the prior. They also have provisions for the factory knock out style drain holes. They are also deeper, so you do not have to add depth if doing a whole bottom, and risk losing a good seal to your door gasket. Hope this helps.

Name:  DOOR BOTTOM NEW.jpg
Views: 387
Size:  16.3 KB

Name:  DOOR BOTTOM OLD.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  14.3 KB

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote